How to Find Us
LESSONS NOW RUNNING 7 DAYS PER WEEK
Mount St. Mary’s College,
College Rd, Spinkhill, Sheffield
Kirkby in Ashfield
What Our Customers Think
I am very pleased with the quality of swimming instruction my child is receiving and the progress through the various badges and certificates
he is making! Thank you.
The standard of the lessons is high and both teachers have always been approachable when I’ve felt the need to discuss anything at all.
The development in my child is phenomenal. From my child being frightened of the water to loving her lessons and being able to swim in all strokes, is fantastic. Thank you Dave and Paula!
Is it safe to come to lessons at DS Gym & Pool?
The health and wellbeing of our customers and employees is our top priority. We are following government guidelines in order to make your visit feel as comfortable as possible and provide a safe but enjoyable visit.
- Though we are excited to take this next step in reopening, the health and safety of our customers and staff remains our number one priority. Therefore, we ask that all customers adhere to our Terms & Conditions:
- • If you are displaying COVID-19 symptoms you must not make a booking or come into the centre.
- • If you have been in contact with anyone displaying COVID-19 symptoms in the last 14 days, you must not make a booking or enter the centre
- • Please note that there is limited access to toilet and changing facilities (view our returning to the pool video for full details)
- • Staff will be carrying out a thorough sanitisation process between each facility use
- • Please observe social distancing rules with our staff and other customers.
- • If staff suspect that you are infringing current government regulations, you will be refused entry.
What safety measures have been put into place?
In light of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we are putting a number of safety measures in place which will allow us to provide a safe environment for our employees and guests. This includes implementing measures such as social distancing, hand sanitising stations, providing staff with Covid-19 specific training and more. Changeover periods between lessons are being carefully managed, and we have introduced individual “changing zones” within our changing facilities to ensure that social distancing is maintained.
How will social distancing be enforced?
All employee and customer areas will be arranged and managed so as to promote and maintain social distancing within our leisure centre. A one-way system will be in effect and a limited amount of people in one area at any time.
What will happen when I arrive for my lesson?
Everyone arriving at DS Gym and Pool must give their details at reception, so that they can be contacted by the government’s “Track and Trace” team in the event of a Covid outbreak. It is essential that no one enters DS Gym & Pool if they have exhibited any Covid-19 symptoms. Once arriving, swimmers will turn left and travel along our one way system through to the poolside. Swimmers must arrive “beach ready” (with their costume on under their clothes). Please do not enter DS Gym and Pool more than 5 minutes before your scheduled lesson start time. When arriving on poolside you will be directed to your viewing seat by our staff, where swimmers should change for their lesson. Swimmers will then start their lesson from a designated spot marked on poolside 2m apart from the next nearest swimmers.
From Monday 21st June 2021, we have updated our procedures for arriving at the pool (updates are highlighted in bold):
- Swimmers should arrive 5 minutes before their lesson is scheduled to start, with only one adult attending with each child. Please scan the QR code on the reception desk using the Government Track and Trace App.
- Everyone aged 11 and over should wear face coverings while at DS Gym & Pool. Children wearing face coverings should only remove them just before getting into the pool, and wear them as they leave the pool.
- Swimmers must arrive beach ready (wearing their swimsuit underneath their clothing).
- On arrival, children and adults must sanitise their hands, and adults must either remove their shoes or put on shoe covers.
- Swimmers and adults must then line up for their lesson on a floor marker. At this point swimmers should remove their outdoor clothing and shoes so that they are ready to swim as soon as they arrive on poolside.
- Swimmers and adults should pass through the blue door to the corridor to poolside and enter the pool hall only when instructed to do so by a member of staff.
- Once arriving on poolside swimmers should go straight to their cone, and adults to their chair, to allow for a prompt start to the lesson.
Will the lesson itself be any different for the children?
Our team have worked hard to minimise the changes to our lesson format, but a few changes have been necessary to meet ensure that lessons are Covid-secure:
- Children swimming widths will be expected to remain 2m apart when waiting on the wall to swim across.
- Equipment will not be shared during lessons. Children are expected to bring their own kick board and, where appropriate, pool noodle, to their lesson. Any equipment provided by DS Swim, such as armbands, will be thoroughly cleaned between each class.
Note that most lessons will be taught from the poolside, in line with Swim England and Swimming Teachers Association Guidance that lessons be taught from the poolside whenever possible. However to ensure swimmer safety, we will continue to teach our beginners classes from the water, with teachers wearing a face shied and maintaining social distance at all times (except for in an emergency situation).
Leaving the Pool (updates as of the 21st June 2021 are highlighted in bold)
- Lessons will finish 1 minute before the scheduled start time of the next lesson.
- Children should leave the pool as quickly as possible, with assistance from their adult if required, and leave the poolside as quickly as possible to the appropriate changing room. Changing must take place in the changing rooms, as there will not be time for children to get dry and begin changing on poolside.
- Please note that the next group will not be allowed to enter until all swimmers have left poolside, so it is essential that we all work together to ensure that changeovers take place as quickly as possible.
- Children should change in the appropriate changing room, and change at one of the marked changing stations. As a reminder, children aged 8 must use the changing room of their own gender. Should you need access to one of the disabled changing areas, please ask the member of staff on reception when you arrive, as they will be happy to facilitate this.
- All showers and lockers will be out of use to minimise points of contact.
- Both the male and female changing rooms are split into clearly marked changing zones to ensure social distancing.
- The one way system will continue to be in operation.
Can parents still watch?
Yes. And as always, we strongly encourage you to do so! You are an extra spotter on poolside, making our lessons even safer, please we the children love their parents and grandparents seeing the amazing progress they are making!
However, we are limiting viewing to one adult per swimmer. A maximum of 1 additional child may also attend with the adult, but only if they are able to sit on the lap of the attending adult for the duration of the lesson.
Do I need to wear a face mask at DS Gym & Pool?
We all parents and guardians, as well as all children aged 11 and over, should wear a face covering whilst at DS Gym & Pool, unless they are medically exempt.
Last updated 15th June 2021
Please note that government guidance is frequently updated, please ensure you check the latest guidance before attending lessons.